Learn how to make gorgeous lace buttons
I love buttons, I like to place the on my bags or decorate a gift packages with them, like I did with my tin in previous post.
For this simple Project you'll need:
○ Rolled sheets of polymer clay your color choice
○ Cookie cutters
○ Acrylic paint
○ Texture sheets (it could be fabric lace, plastic table cover or any surface with texture you like)
○ Plastic sandwich bag
1. Lightly spray polymer clay and texture sheets with some water for an easy release, lie the texture on top of the polymer clay and press it very hard to leave a good impression.
2. Slowly remove the texture.
7. Now you can make holes for your button, if you want to make a button, you can leave it as is and make a magnet for this, or make just one hole for the pendant. I use some real button as a template for the holes.
9. Cover backed buttons with acrylic paint, it's better to use contrast color to highlight the pattern. Here I've used light color on brown and turquoise buttons an dark color on beige buttons. You have to make sure the paint got into the curves, this is very important.
That's it, you now have your buttons for any project you like. Hope you enjoy this little craft lesson